Monday, July 5, 2010

The S Family

One of the reasons that I've been so thankful for this photography business is how it has allowed me to reconnect with old friends.

Flashback 8 years ago. Amy and I were both 22 years old, freshly graduated from college, and ready to start our first year of teaching high school together. The two of us took over the freshmen and JV girls basketball teams together and we planned our weddings simultaneously. It was so awesome to have someone going through the same things as me at the same time and I know that I always had a listening ear.

My husband and I moved far far away, halfway around the world, after this first year of teaching and sadly, I hadn't seen Amy since as her family relocated just as we moved back to St. Louis. In fact that last time I saw her, she was very pregnant with Noah, the 6 year old in these photos!

Through the wonders of facebook and blogging, Amy and I reconnected and we are now both the mother of two boys. I was so excited to be able to capture her adorable little family on their summer vacation back to St. Louis!
















Hope you love the pictures, Amy!

No comments: